Monroe County WIC Program
To get WIC benefits, you must:
- Live in Wisconsin
- Your family meets the WIC Income Guidelines (see note below)
- Need help with health or nutrition
- Have one of these apply to you:
*You are pregnant now or had a baby in the past six months
*You are breastfeeding a baby under 1 year of age
*You care for a baby or child younger than 5 years of age
NOTE: Your family may be able to get WIC benefits if you already use one of the programs listed in the “Do I Qualify” section on this page.
You can review additional information about eligibility, income guidelines, and the type of benefits WIC provides at the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
- Nutritious foods such as milk, eggs, yogurt, cheese, cold and hot cereal, fresh or canned fruits and vegetables, whole wheat bread and pasta, brown rice, juice, canned or dried beans and peas, and peanut butter. View WIC Shopping Guide for a full list of foods and specific information.
- Breastfeeding education and support
- Individualized Nutrition Education for eating healthy during pregnancy
- Individualized Nutrition Education for your infant and toddlers
- Individualized Nutrition Education and Fit Families program for preschoolers
- Referrals to community programs
TEXT that you would like to apply at 608-352-8293 and provide your full name.
We will send you an interactive link to complete an application on your phone.
CALL 608-269-8671 and leave a message that you would like to apply and provide your full name and phone number.
WIC Staff will contact you to follow up after receiving your application.
Check out the locations of the approved Farmers’ Markets and Farmstands in Monroe County.
Please review the information/forms for specialized formulas and nutritionals on the Wisconsin WIC site: Providers and Professionals
If a Medical Request for Formula/Food is necessary, please fax the WIC form to 608-269-8872 ATTN: WIC and we will follow up if we have any questions.
Fit Families Program
Fit Families Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program-Education (SNAP-Ed) is a successful behavior change program for eligible families of 2-4 year old children enrolled in WIC at Fit Families projects in Wisconsin.
Fit Families works with community partners and employs three core messages and one over-arching message to combat overweight and obesity:
- Move More…Watch Less:
Encourage Fit Families participants to engage in active play or physical activity for at least 60 minutes every day and to reduce screen time to two hours or less each day.
- Make Every Bite Count…More Fruits and Vegetables:
Encourage children and their parents to eat the recommended amount of fruits and vegetables each day.
- Make Every Sip Count…More Healthy Beverages:
Encourage families to reduce or eliminate use of sugared beverages.
Over-arching message: Eat Healthy, Be Active: Your Kids are Watching
Encourage parents to be good role models for their children.
- Families enrolled in the Fit Families Program will make an individual healthy habits goal that they will work on for 12 months.
- The Fit Families coach follows-up with the family monthly for guidance, support and tools to make the changes.
- Participants receive nutrition education reinforcement items to help motivate the healthy behavior changes.
If you are interested in more information about the Monroe County Fit Families Program, please contact our staff at 608-269-8671 or MonroeCounty.WIC@co.monroe.wi.us.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. Please find the full non-discrimination statement here.